Re: "Peppermint Lump"

"Peppermint Lump"/"Breakfast in Naples" was released on 24th August 1979 on
Stiff records in the UK Catalog # BUY 51. Both titles were written by James
Asher, a staff writer at Eel Pie, he took the songs to his boss (Pete Townshend)
who loved them. PT produced and arranged both tracks.

At the time Stiff's product was licensed thru' Epic in the US - hence the promo
mentioned.

Stiff's press release at the time read: " A blatant attempt to corner the market
of pre-teen and post-punk singles buyers". Angie (real name Angela Porter) was a
pupil at the Corona stage school and appeared on numerous British TV programs.

For more information about this or any of the other wonderful releases on the
Stiff record label see "Stiff - the story of a record label" by Bert Muirhead
published by Blandford Press in the UK in 1983,  ISBN 0 7137 1314 3.
Alternatively e-mail me and I'll do my best! I have been collecting Stiff
records since 1976 and have a pretty near complete collection.
If it ain't Stiff - it ain't worth a ****