Re: TKAA speed differences/Rock and Roll Circus

Amy,

>The Kids Are Alright last night (that
>other version with the entire Quick One performance) and
>I noticed that it sounded much slower than the video version.

Unfortunately, when the adapted "The Kids Are Alright" to video tape, they
made a mess out of it (sped it up and edited it to make it fit on a 2 hour
tape). When tape length went beyond 2 hours, they never fixed it. The ONLY
video format which used the original movie version was the old RCA CED video
disc. (stereo too!) I have a copy of the movie from that format. Now, I just
bought the "remastered" laser disc of the same over the weekend, but I'm not
expecting much. Perfect example of how they ruined a good thing. You would
think that MCA was involved!

WF <~