Re: who's Next - Aug?

>hey gang- this just in from my new releases mailing list- not sure how
>firm,  but here goes- michael
>list info (little long) follows blurb- (real short):

>AUGUST 29, 1995 - TUESDAY
>-------------------------

>*r Who, The                        Who's Next

Yeah, I saw this too.
But isnt this just the ultragold or whatever you call it disc without the bonus
tracks which was originally due on the 15th.
No big deal - I'm still waiting for the upgraded one *with* the bonus tracks
*and* Townsends own notes pertaining to the Lifehouse project.

BTW I was talking to the guy at the disc store and he had a theory on why
the disc is coming out without bonus tracks as well as with them.  He believes
that since Townshend is so heavily involved and because Who's Next was really an
abridged Lifehouse - that Who's Next will become Lifehouse.

He thinks that the songs from Who's Next and Lifehouse songs left off the album
will be reshuffled into an order meant to reflect the running order of
Lifehouse had it been released originally. Thus being the reason for two
versions - one for people wishing only for a copy of Who's Next(as we now know
it) and those looking for a copy of Lifehouse as originally intended.

I refuted this claim on three counts:

      If Who's Next becomes Lifehouse (in the running order originally
         intended) what will happen to MY WIFE?

      It is not possible to recreate Lifehouse just as it is not possible to
         recreate The Beach Boys' SMILE album - in both cases the albums as
         intended were never finished. To recreate it they'd have to finish it
         - ie go back to the studio as a group and resume recording - and i
         just cant see that happening.  Also some songs that were finished or
         nearly finished have been damaged or lost - eg Time Is Passing, Mary.

      Lastly if they could find all the tapes that comprise a completed
         Lifehouse in acceptable condition it would almost definitely
         constitute a double CD package - and I have heard no word from any
         knowledgable source which would suggest this as the case.

Enough analysis - now back 2 the fun......

Dave T