Re: Quick oneSun Dec 7 12:29:54 PST 1997

>>Could someone please synopsize the story in A Quick One..

>    The story is:

>    Her man's been gone for over a year, He's late getting back. She's

>    blue. Ivor comes along and cheers her up in the usual way. The bloke

>    does finally return, she confesses to the affair and is forgiven.

In Pete's own words from the Champs Elysses Theater, Paris, France 1-18-70
boot:

"...This is a story all about a girl guide who is seduced by an engine
driver

...This seduction takes places while the girl guides boyfriend is away.  And

when he returns he catches the couple in the act of fornification and I'd

like you to imagine the scene ... This seduction doesn't very much take him

by suprise he suspected it all along and so instead of leaping in and
pulling

them apart and smashing the seducer and the seductee he forgives the both of

them 'I forgive you'..."

This explanation originally confused me since the girl confesess to having

'a nap'.  But It seems like the girl guide and Ivor didn't realize that the

boyfriend caught them.

Sue

"This is not a f*cking request hour, ya know.  I play whatever the f*ck I
like, alright.  'Ya

ever think I would work for 30 years to get to this place to have these
f*cks tell me

what to play...I heard you, what do you think I am deaf?". - PT, Beacon
Theater,7-13-93