Re: re-British DJ dies

> From list-owner-thewho-outgoing@cisco.com Fri Apr 21 08:23:33 1995
> From: "Williams, Paul" <WILLIAMSPA@oldpaul.agw.bt.co.uk>
> To: "'TheWhoinput'" <thewho@cisco.com>
> Subject: re-British DJ dies
> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 95 15:34:00 GMT
> Encoding: 19 TEXT
> Sender: owner-thewho@cisco.com
>

> >         LONDON (Reuter) - Kenny Everett, one of Britain's best known
> >disc jockeys who first made his mark in the 1960s on pirate
> >radio stations, died Tuesday from an AIDS-related illness at the
> >age of 51, his family said.
> >         The wacky Everett, who was poached by the BBC's Radio One
> >pop network before moving on to his own cult television series,
> >announced in 1993 he had contracted the AIDS virus.
>
> >Does anyone know if this has any relevance to the Who?
>
> None that I remember. He did have some involvement with The Beatles though -
> interviews etc - but I can't remember anything to do with the Who.
>
> Paul Williams
> Old St
> London

 I have a recording of the famous Cottonfields bootleg with Lennon doing a child-abuse-tinged takeoff
of Cottonfields followed by a sort of mock interview.  Lennon slagged Everett in the RS interviews later, in
1970 (hey, he shaved his head and hated everybody. Kinda punk, even for a 30 year old.),
but the original interview was kind of funny when I first heard it... It was part of the "Beatles Story" Radio
Series which came out in '76.