Re:Rockpalast

Hi,

>Subject: Re: Don't Let Go the Coat

>I didn't care for the song much myself until I heard Pete's demo
>on Scoop (or is it Scoop II?).  Then I found a copy of the Rockpalast
>show from Germany '81, which is a great version.

>Rich

Yes, I like the Rockpalast version of DLGOTC too. I've heard someone
(Entwistle?) saying that "Face Dances" ended up sounding like "the Who go
Eagles". But the fact is that the stage version of DLGOTC sound even more
like the Eagles because of better backing vocals, IMHO. I wonder who
produced the sound for the Rockpalast show?

Also there are great versions of "The quiet on" and "Another tricky day".
This would have been something to include on the "30 yrs of max R&B live"
video. But maybe most Who fans have this. I don't know.

- Svante