Horse's Neck

Vitals on Pete's book:
Horse's Neck
Pete Townshend
c. 1985
Houghton Mifflin Company
2 Park Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02108

Yes, it is a great book. I was surprised when I first heard PsychoD to hear
that a lot of the elements from Horse's Neck had made it into the PsychoD
story. Just a refresher on the contents for you if you're interested...
Thirteen.... infancy and childhood recollection, horse on beach, relationship
w/mother
Horses.....horse, snake living in horse's ribcage
The Pact....mother/nature of beauty
Champagne on the Terraces....his heart felt like a shattered glass in an acid
bath
Ropes....character Rastus very similar to PsychoD Rastus
Tonight's the Night....the Baba, San Francisco teenage girl (similar to
PsychoD)
Fish Shop...teenage recollection, character Jaco who gives Pete flamenco
guitar lessons
Pancho and the Baron....Pancho = Keith Moon, is the baron Bill Curbishley?
Winston....on Lennon and rock stars
A Death in the Day Of....probably the most autobiographical piece in the book
The Plate....psychodelic "mystery"
An Impossible Song....relationship with mother
Laguna. Valentine's Day 1982...horse

If anyone heard Pete's interview on NPR last winter, on "All Things
Considered" I think, he touched on a lot of these topics and mentioned that
his mother is in the process of writing her autobiography.