Psychoderelict - a revised opinion

	I know that when I wrote my first post on Psychoderelict I
had mixed feelings.  Now that I've had a chance to listen intently,
I must say I love this CD.  There is some accessable material to
play on radio stations, yet I didn't hear any when it was first
released.  The first exposure I had was when PT was on Letterman
late last year and performed "Don't Try to Make Me Real".  I like
all styles of PT's music, so the lack of rockers didn't bother me at
all.  In fact this gives him a chance to show off his knowledge of
various types of music, anything jazz to classical.  There are two
songs that remind me of other artists.  The song "Early Morning
Dreams" has a Yes flavor to it, with some Beach Boys-esque
background vocals in spots.  The other is "Now and Then" which
immediately reminds me of Peter Gabriel.  In fact the first line PT
sings ("In you I saw someone that I recognized") sounds like a dead
ringer for Gabriel.  I wish I had seen his recent tour, but I think
the closest he came was DC.

Scoop:  In last night's survey I listed this as one of my
favorite Who-solo albums.  Did anyone else agree?  I don't
know what it is, but Pete can release second rate material and I'll
enjoy it.  My favorite song on that album is that jazz guitar song
"To Barney Kessel".  Even "Unfinished Piano (Quad)" and "Initial
Machine Experiments" are very enjoyable.

"I know when I'm right, I know when I'm wrong"...