Who WWW server

Hi --

I've managed to tweak my account into letting the web world flow
through its gates, and I've transferred the database files
accordingly.

Consider the currently available stuff a beta version, and please help
me find errors, make suggestions, etc.

For those of you just joining us :) I've been putting together a large
Who database for access using the HTTP protocol (programs like Mosaic
and Lynx use it to access the World Wide Web).

This should be a complementary archive to the bootleg pages, and I've
put in appropriate links.

Here's the URL:

http://phakt.usc.edu:2345/who.html

The port number (2345) is necessary.

A few things just aren't working yet.  For example, the GIFs seem to
like XMosaic much better than Mac versions, and Macs tend to end up
with distorted pics.  I'm trying to figure this one out, some format
issue I suppose.  Also, due to lack of space, most of the pictures
simply aren't available (sorry!).

This is an announcement solely to the list, as I'd like your expert
opinions/suggestions.  (And I'm not sure if the university is really
appreciative of this sort of initiative).

Anyway, give it a try, and email me if you have any problems.

Wes