Thanks Mike ... Entwistle reigns

First a hearty thank you to fellow "the who" lister Michael McHugh who saw
my post a few weeks ago complaining that I didn't get VH-1 on cable. He had
taped much of the weekend and was nice enough to offer to send me a VHS
copy.

I got the tape and finally had time to view it last Thursday and I sure had
a great day. I watched the four hours of tape Mike sent me including The
"30 years of Max. R & B Live", "Who Rarities" "The 1969 Giants Stadium
Show" and "The Who Rocks America (Toronto 1974).

A comment on the shows ... John Entwistle reigns supreme as the best, most
artisitic bass player in Rock & Roll.  Though his solo bass riffs were few
and far between, I was in awe of his playing, especially on My Generation,
Who Are You, and 5:15.  Blew me Away.

A final question .... Who was the female playing percussion on Baba
O'Reilly in the Giants Stadium concert footage?  You can see her in the
background, behind Pete on this song and she's obviously having a good time
pounding on her congas (or timbales?).  At first I thought it could've been
Sheila E., but she would've only been about 7 years old at the time, so
that's out.  Any ideas?

--
''''''   ''''''         Tom Grier  (tgrier@VAX2.Winona.MSUS.EDU)
  ''     ''  <'         Winona State University, Winona MN 55987