Re: writing to PDBT

This was a question discussed around the time I joined the list, last spring.  I
remember there were varied responses, but this is what has worked for me:

           Pete Townshend
           The Boat House
           Ranelagh Drive
           Twickenham TW1 1QZ
           ENGLAND

BTW -- yes, this location really does exist, and yes it is on a lovely stretch
of the Thames (not far from Kew Gardens, if I remember correctly -- Brit list
members -- please correct!), for you doubters out there!  Jake, myself and I'm
sure countless others of y'all can verify it with photos/autographs/other
various & sundry treasured items!

I guess my only question, writing him today, would be:  is he spending more
time in New York right now (what with "Tommy")?  In any case, I am certain your
note would reach him.

And, yes, my experience has been that he *does* write you back, provided you
ask a reasonably intelligent question (I'll leave that up to you!) and not a
rhetoric one (e.g. "Hey, how 'bout the Who?  Do you wish Moonie was still
around?!", etc. etc.).  I've never received any glossy 8 x 10s (Thank God,
IMHO!).  Just a simple reply, on his stationery, and signed by him.