Re: Barros as long-term solution?

Hi Ryan:

I think the idea behind all these "Kenny vs Dana" comparisons is that the Pitino
system seems to be working right now just as well using "crappy" point guards
(Barros and Jones) as with a big shot, expensive one (Anderson).

That doesn't mean either guy should be starting on anything but a .500 team.

It only means we (arguably) can trade Anderson without losing much from what we
have now (a .500 calibre team). I guess it additionally means we can actually be
able to trade Barros for value, which is an option that did not exist at the
start of the season. Dana Barros has pretty much earned his salary this year, all
things considered. His performance last night against "Jiffy Lube & Co" alone is
worth his share of the cost of game admission.  :-)

Personally, I'd be just as happy if they both stayed on the Boston Celtics. Or at
least I'm doing my best to get comfortable with that likelihood, given the
alternatives which probably are: 1) messily jettisoning them for nothing  like we
did to Eric Williams and Dino Radja, or 2) packaging Kenny with one of our young
"assets".

"The kids are all right"    (hey, maybe I should forward this to the IGTC's "The
Who" and "VW Jetta" lists).

Joe H

------