Re: Vitaly's Summer Vacation -Reply -Reply -Reply

>>> Alex Wang <awang@mit.edu> 04/29/99 01:07pm >>>

The point is that the trade is good for both teams. You seem to be saying
that the Cleveland gained more than Boston given the circumstances.
Even if this is true, we are still better off than not making the trade. It was
really a trade between two desperate parties and both benefited.  <<<

Alex:

Exactly!!!--although I'm inclined to think that you may have missed the
beginning of this thread.  My original posting was in response to Josh
Ozersky's comment that he summarily judges those who say that
Cleveland got the better end of the deal as being mentally deficient
(sorry, Josh, but I couldn't remember your verbatim quote).  My point was
that Cleveland clearly benefitted from the trade...as did the Celtics.  But to
imply that this was a one-sided trade in our favor as Josh did is to only
consider the swap of DeClerq for Potapenko straight up without
factoring in the potential of the draft pick.