Re: Vitaly's Summer Vacation -Reply

At the time it was done I said on this list that I hated this trade.  I said I liked the idea of trading Andrew and the pick for a starting center, but that I didn't think Potapenko fit that description.  After watching V for a while, I have come around some.  I'm now, say, 50% convinced that he can be an average starting center, which is good enough.  Andrew's potential is realized.  He is not a starting center for a playoff team.  Also, V is easily worth the money they signed him for.  Let's just say that if  Warwick's right and Ben Pepper is Bill Walton with better feet, Rick shouldn't have too much trouble finding takers for V.

I can also see why Cleveland thinks they got a good deal here too.  They gave up a guy they were going to lose anyway.  They got a hard working, two position backup and a decent draft pick.  I think this is one of those trades that both sides can feel pretty good about.

Jim