Re: Pitino Leaving Rumors

In a message dated 4/27/99 4:59:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
jim_meninno@hotmail.com writes:

>  You know, if I had known that sports reporting consisted mainly of
>  making stuff up and printing it next to the words "rumors say that",
>  I might have chosen a different career.  Seriously.

   Jim's comment is a good one.  I hate to say it, but I am glad this season
is almost over, and not only because it has been somewhat disappointing.  I
think I have read enough about basketball to last me for six months.  I have
read and dissected every freaking trade rumor ever conceived of by anyone.  I
have tried to interpret the 'real meaning" behind every piece of Motormouth
Pitino's nonstop drivel, where everything he says means either exactly what
he says or exactly the opposite (or maybe something in between.)  I have
watched debate over whether Cousy or Heinsohn is more perceptive.  And,
having read all that, I watch list members attack each other over their
opinions on all these irrelevancies.
    I find it all entertaining at times, and boring at times, but I am
waiting now for the days when I can watch good games on TV (playoffs,
hopefully without Clanq) and delete all posts about draft choices for next
year. Sorry, folks.  Tell me who the Cs draft.  I won't join in the
speculation about who they might draft.  I'm not THAT big a fan.
     And a question, in hopes that some of you have read this far:  assuming
a full training camp next year, would you prefer a 50 game season in 90 days?
 Or the 82 game season in 6 months?
     Thanks for your patience.
  - Doug