Re: Peter May: Cleveland Looking Forward To Celtics Pick; Mahorn Would Be A Good Addition

Peter May, Globe Staff, 04/25/99 wrote:

> <snips>Folks in Cleveland feel they got the better of the Andrew Declercq -
> Vitaly Potapenko deal. First, they basically exchanged one backup center for
> another. The one they got may not be as talented, but he's the perfect
> backup and he's cheap by NBA standards.They also got out of adding another
> fat contract to the mix. ''Affordability was a key for us,'' Embry said.
> ''We've got two big ones already [ Shawn Kemp and Zydrunas Ilgauskas] and
> some more ahead.'' Now, you add a top six pick and it makes it look like
> larceny from Cleveland's point of view. <snips>

Hey, terrific, more fish & chips wrapping paper from the Globe. At least May
didn't repeat his previous retardo insight that VP is "really a power
forward".

Peter May is "really a power douchebag." Seriously folks, it must feel so
liberating to be as retarded as this guy.  What a meathead. It's like having
our very own Sam Smith (another guy who made his undeserved reputation
covering a nationally popular team and its superstar player).

I wish Bill Cooper would apply for an internship at the Boston Globe. Within a
month on the job, he'd be covering the Celtics full-time and Peter May would
be getting assigned to the state championships in "2-man luge" or "curling".

Sorry, I'm really ranting & raving today.