Re: Celts Whup Up On Wizards: Boston 113- Washington 84

>        I propose, seriously, that we not get too excited about the
>C's strong play at the end of the season.  We all know that Rick is a
>great motivator, that's a given.  So  the outmanned C's are going to
>get some wins that we might not expect based on their general level of
>play.  Same thing happened last year.  Given Pitino's strength as a
>motivator it doesn't mean a thing.

And at the risk of sounding like my cynical great uncle, Peter May.....the
cynical gene is dominant....remember how well everything went when the
apparently new, improved, and rejuvenated Kenny Anderson took the court for
the Celtics last year? These games mean nothing...the pressure's off...it's
over for everyone except Jones. I seriously agree, Bill, with your serious
proposal. In the words of Cynical Uncle Peter...thank God for the Bulls and
the Wizards.

>        On the other hand, during the recent March depression among
>the Celt's fans I heard several times, that veterans would never want
>to play for Pitino because of his style.  And I think that that's
>probably true in many cases. I'd like to point out, though, that this
>is a good thing!  If it keeps 75% effort players like Rod Strickland
>off the team, I'm all for it (you may think that Strickland is a
>wonderfully talented player - so do I, but you have to admit that he
>plays just as hard as he has to to get his stats).

Rod Strickland is supremely talented...and worth about as much as Kenny
Anderson. Again....right on the money Bill.

Paul M