Peter Vecsey: Baker Playing Bad; Walker Doesn't Get It

New York Post Online Edition: Sports

              HE'S A REAL NOWHERE , MAN

                  By PETER VECSEY

                    <snip>

                  FROM what I saw of Vin Baker (1-6 FGs, 0-4 FTs, one rebound,
                  28 minutes) in the Sonics' 121-91 surrender to the Nets,
                  Seattle cannot be thinking seriously about re-signing the free
                  agent-to-be head case this summer. At least not with the
                  thought of keeping him. If I were the Olympic Committee, I'd
                  have lawyers scouring the small print for anything resembling
                  an escape clause.
                  Then you have Antoine Walker. Yes, he cashed in on a 3-point
                  prayer to beat the Heat Friday. But no matter how many times
                  he's told by Rick Pitino, or how often Celtic fans boo him at
                  home, he still doesn't get it.
                  Against Miami, Walker needed 25 shots to score 29 points. Six
                  of those shots were from beyond the lunatic fringe. Meanwhile,
                  the 6-10 forward whose low-post moves are impossible to
                  negotiate with only went to the line four times. So I'm
                  wondering ... how many double teams does Boston's only genuine
                  inside threat feel he's creating out there? <snip>