Walker's summer

In a message dated 4/15/99 1:43:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ballen007@yahoo.com writes:

<< The Providence Journal reports that 'Toine went on
 further to say he was hiring a personal trainer to
 work with him this summer in Chicago, so he can still
 be with his family and daughter there. He said he will
 come to Pitino's summer camps, but can't be here the
 whole time.

If this is true then this season hasn't been a loss.  Walker may have
actually learned that he can't just turn it on and off as a "veteran
All-Star" and that he needs hard work and conditioning to excel.  If that was
what he was referring to by his post-game comments than he isn't as immature
as we read him to be.  Thoughts of trading him so we can draft Brand should
be dismissed.  Brand is not the answer.  The only way he could be dealt was
if it was the intent to grab the best PG in the draft and also use his salary
on a FA PF.  Even then I don't think he's going anywhere.

George