Re: this team sucks/but will change

>Greg Anthony is the best defender of this lot, and of
>course with Jacques Vaughn you get Pierce's old
>teammate.  Cassell is a complete head case, a bigger
>ball hog than Kenny by far.  Strike him from your
>lists.  I wonder if we could acquire Mike Bibby?

I've seen Bibby play a few times this year...and, this guy can play. Just
what the Celtics need. If not for Carter, Bibby is your Rookie of the Year.
I can't believe Vancouver would give this guy up...but, who knows.
Concerning Anderson and your previous post Josh, I agree...the Celtics
don't seem to have a lot of options concerning the point, unless they go
for a draft pick...God save us from another year of "youth" excuses.
But...getting Kenny to play up to his capabilities? If you asked anyone who
watched him play in Portland, they'd tell you not to hold your breath. They
had the same complaints about him: Shoot first...plan on shooting
first...don't "work" at trying to get other players involved when things
aren't going well..."If my shot's falling, I'm playing well." Look, I've
always thought that Kenny had the ability to be a stunning point guard.
Everybody does. Maybe if he played for a guy like Pat Riley...someone who
could put the fear of God in him. Perhaps he just doesn't respect
Pitino...and won't listen, won't change. I don't know...I just don't think
it looks good for the Celtics with Kenny at the point. However...you're
right...there aren't a lot of other options. However...the way the Lakers
looked last night...they'd take Kenny in heart beat. Their points make
Kenny and Dana look like Hall of Famers. God...there's nothing better than
seeing them get slaughtered. That window of opportunity might just
be...slowly....closing.

Paul M.