Re: PG's

I agree with you on Terry Porter. He was a complete guard and a clutch player
who arguably may deserve as much HOF consideration as the Dream Teamer Joe
Dumars (my favorite non-Celtic of all time). Porter was like a young Dennis
Johnson (circa 1979) when it came to stepping up on both ends when it mattered.
Too bad he plays for the Mucho Greasy One.

Go Celts!

Joe

p.s. Congratulations Greg on that Blazers blowout win over the Fakers. I
absolutely love it :-)

p.p.s. As I recall, the Celtics came awfully close to drafting Joe Dumars but
ended up instead with the consolation/booby prize (Sam Vincent). Both players
were graded as solid defender/scorers who were too short for NBA 2-guard and too
inexperienced to project as a point guard, much like Dee Brown.

****