Re: this team sucks/but will change

Hi Joe,

I actually like what Toronto did. Before this season, who would ever want
to go to Toronto? They were in Canada and they sucked. Ok, they are still
in Canada, but it may be possible to attract decent free agents now that
they are (possibly) a playoff team. And who did they give up? Camby, who
hasn't proven he's worth his new contract in New York. This may be similar
to the problem we'll have with Battie. And for Willis, two late first round
draft picks. And if these two guys have a long-term, positive effect on
Vince Carter, they could be very well worth it. Honestly though, do you
think Toronto would have had a better future if they had added two role
playing rookies and extended Camby?

Anthony Mason is definitely someone that I would consider for Mercer.
It makes sense for the Hornets, who have an overloaded front line as well
as a shortage of quality youth to carry them when Campbell and Coleman
get old. As for the Celtics, it is instant gratification but it'll also
possibly position us to add to the team by free agency because we won't
be burdened by large extensions to Battie and Mercer.

And to be honest, I wouldn't mind some instant gratification after
the what the Celtics have been through, while we wait for Walker and
Pierce to mature. Post players like Mason, who don't necessarily
depend on quickness, tend to have good lifetimes (as the continued
strong play of Willis, Oakley, Ewing, etc. demonstrate).

Alex