Re: Referees

At 12:32 PM 4/12/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Jim said:

>Another part of it is that Antoine has complained so much on every call for
>his first 2+ years in the NBA that no ref wants to give him a break, and
>since he's taking so many of the team's shots, that leads to few fouls for
>the team.  This is Antoine's own doing, and maybe a bit of ML Carr's doing.
>No rookie should be allowed by his coach to complain to the refs at all, in
>the interest of saving that rookie's reputation.

Of course one could argue that a foul is a foul is a foul no matter who the
players are.  That's so naive, I know, asking a professional to do his job
honestly.  It's almost like asking someone not to bilk the IRS (oh, I forgot).
Then again, the rule book says a strike zone is a strike zone is a strike
zone...

Bill