game on radio

I heard the first half of the Toronto game on the radio - quite a different
experience from watching it and listening to Heinsohn.  I like Vince
Carter's nickname - Air Canada.  He is really something, and has added a J
to his game. Tracey McGrady had something like 6 blocks in 15 or so
minutes! Max kept saying that they need to get the ball to the post players
in their sweet spot so they can just shoot and not have to put the ball on
the floor.  And sure enough, when they did, Vitaly tossed it right in (of
course we won't remember Chief, who *always* put the ball on the floor in
the paint, to my constant aggravation).  And both announcers kept talking
about the lack of the outlet pass.    I saw Marbury, in the Nets game, with
his head up tossing the ball long distance to the open man. How many times
does Kenny Anderson do that?  How many times have Pierce and Mercer been
open, to no avail?  I'm sick of it.  We need a PG with better vision,
better defense, some height, maturity - hey we need Dennis Johnson!

Speaking of point guards, does anyone remember Charlie Ward in the NCAA
tourney (I forget the opponent) when he kept lobbing Hail Mary passes from
one baseline to another - over the press to Sura and Doug Edwards?  That
was hysterical - he wasn't even wearing his helmet! But it worked.

A poster mentioned Chris Herron.  There are those players for whom going
home is a good thing - Stephon Marbury is an example, who have a supportive
family/friend system.  Then there are the Chris Herrons, for whom it would
spell disaster.  This kid would try and try again to stay sober, and every
time he gets home he's out with his buddies back where he started.   This
year in Fresno he's worked hard to really turn himself around, on and off
the court.  The last thing he needs is to be within driving distance of
Fall River.   Although I'd love to see him on the Cs, I think it would be a
terrible move for him.

On the roster front, I like Lorenzen Wright - he's a monster rebounder and
good shot blocker (and can score when he gets the minutes, too).

And yes, Rick Pitino, shut up!!

 --Ellie