Tell me where is sanity

I may be wrong, but I think there is a line from an old Ten Years After
song that says, "Tell me where is sanity".  That is what I would like to
know.  Teams have to learn how to win.  How many games did the Celtics
win two years ago?  How many did they win last year?   Why did we, and
apparently the media, expect them to do better this year?  I mean
really.  I think I picked them to win 30 games or so.  What the hell was
I thinking.

The play this year is about what we could realistically expect from a
group of young players.  There are missing ingredients.  Look at
Toronto.  They have added Willis and Oakley, two veterans.  We don't
have that type of leadership yet.  We really do have to wait on the team
to mature.

There is a saying, "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater." And
that is what is happening to this Celtic team.  At times they quit.
That is the only real complaint that I have.  They have to learn how to
win.  That takes experience.  So, we gotta back off and get real.

The main problem with this team is our expectations.  We expected the
same quantum leap that happened between the last two years and that was
a bad expectation.

I'd love to change the Celtics, but I don't know what to do,
So I'll leave that up to you!

Help us to stop the war!

Tell me where is sanity.
--