BILL RUSSELL

The celts won handily tonight, as you all know.  I wonder how much of it was
due to Bill Russell's talking to them in the lockerroom about TEAM ego and
TEAM play?  If there's anyone interested in basketball, not to mention those
who play the game for a living, who wouldn't be impressed by that greatest
of all basketball players, he/she must be dead.

I enjoyed the game, but it was even more fun - very special, indeed, to
listen to Bill/Mike/Tommy during the 2nd quarter.  You just watched the game
and listened to them.  Nobody was calling the game.  Mike looked and sounded
like he thought he'd died and gone to heaven.  No wonder.  He was all lit up
like a Christmas tree.  I saw Russell play and I can testify, there's never
been another one like him.  Never will be.  Shaq?  Give me a break!

Dorine