Re: The Bostonians

Kudos to Josh for his wonderful account of a weekend with the Celtics.
Although he was 0-2 in the W-L record, no doubt the experience will
sustain him as he returns to rooting from a distance. I was happy to
meet him and glad to be part of his memoir (although I never suspected
that one day my name would appear in the same essay with JonBenet
Ramsey, Charo, Michael Jackson and the Crunch and Munch man).

However, I'm compelled to refute two of his observations:

> Still,the team was keeping it close, even taking a brief lead - largely as a
> result of my commands to "get it to V" in the halfcourt set.  At halftime, I
> met Mike Dynon, a fellow Celtics e-mail listee, at the customer service
> desk.  Mike was a forty-something fellow, distinguished looking with his
> grey moustache.  Mike made a cogent point about our defense, which impressed
> my wife mightily.  "He knows more than you!" my wife exclaimed, but this was
> of course a matter of dispute like everything else.

1. Except for a few stray grays, my moustache and hair are light brown.
Josh was right about 40-something and distinguished, but I'm not yet
grizzled.

2. Considering that I: have seen the Celtics play more than 1,500 games
(about 10% of those in person); attended Bill Russell's last home game
and Larry Bird's first home game; was present for the Hall of Fame
induction of John Havlicek and Sam Jones; have shot baskets on the
parquet in the Boston Garden; have followed the Green on the road to NY,
NJ, Philly, Washington, Chicago, Indy and Houston; AND once lost $25 to
Steve Kuberski and JoJo White in a poker game at the latter's apartment,
it is indisputable that I know more about Celtics basketball than Josh.
I'd bet my Don Chaney autographed picture on it.   ;^)

Regards,
Mike Dynon
North Kingstown, RI