Solutions

You have to really wonder a couple of things after this game.
1) It just doesn't seem like the press will work in the NBA. The reason is
that once you get the ball down the court, which is about 95% of the time,
there is a guy with a wide open 15 footer while the defense scrambles to get
back. In the NBA, just about everyone can hit that shot. In college, many
more can't and others pull it back out to set up.
2) Why do we continue to run the curl offense? It only leaves us with a
partially open shooter. I know this play works for Reggie Miller and others.
But Mercer or Minor and Pierce just don't seem comfortable coming off of it.
If it doesn't work, the options and spacing are poor. I have rarely seen
Pierce come clean off of it. He seems to be only running it half-heartedly.
3) Let's please give up the Kenny Anderson penetration attempts. This is
running at a 10% success rate and again, screws up any offensive set attempt.
4) Most of these fast breaks down on us are the result of Mercer getting
sucked down too far so he can't get back in time to help out. He apparently
just isn't cognizant of the fact he has defensive responsiblities for the
break as the off-guard (along with the point guard). He isn't going to get a
rebound anyways. Wake up, Ron!

Offensive Solution:
I would rather have a inside out low post offensive attack. Let's play our
strengths.

1) A Vitally flash into the lane under the basket. He can get this position
anytime he wants but he does require Kenny or Dana to pass him the ball.
2) Low post setup with either Walker, Vitally or Pierce, whoever has the best
matchup. Pass out to wing if doubled and swing the ball around to the other
side where the player either has a open 15 footer or can penetrate as he
should be one-on-one with the side cleared out. This play is the most common
play in the NBA other than the pick-and-roll...

DJessen33