Re: From Peter Vescey & todays game

Paul M stated:

>Oakley will never play for Pitino. The Celtics don't have enough money,
and
>Oakley doesn't need the screaming. .

I thought Pitino and Oakley were friendly/respected each other from
their days in NY?

>And, something else pretty painful. Red is being quoted/ridiculed in a
couple sources this >morning saying that the Celtics were just two
players away from being contenders.

Yeah, Cousey and Russell.  Seriously, Add a power rebounder and upgrade
at the point and you'll make the playoffs with the top ten currently on
this team.   It will be years before going deep, depending on who you
add, however.

>Place your wise-ass, sarcastic remarks here when you reply.

I put it above.

>Paul M.

I went to today's game and wanted to share some thoughts;

I was very impressed with Walkers all out hustle play.  He played so far
above the other Celtics it looked like a clinic.  Walker was 10 for 18,
hitting his FT's, rebounding and passing.  He was working in the paint
all day.  He can do it when he wants.  It would be nice if he got some
help.  The others need to step up as well if they expect to win games.

Walter McCarty is the only person I've seen rotate to pick up the deep
"1" in the "1,3,1" offense being run against the press.

A question for the more knowledgeable on the list;  Is the SF on
defense, supposed to rotate to the deep guy on the offense?  We give up
a lot of points "over the top" on the press.  I always wondered who's
man that was.

I find it hard to believe that the offense plays are drawn up in such a
way that there isn't anyone in position to rebound at each shot option.
Either the play is poor or the execution of the play is poor.

Sorry, but the Celtics don't have any automatic outside scorer's.  They
should not shoot from outside if none of the other Celtics are in
position to rebound.  This could be caused by the incredible lack of
movement in the half court set by the players without the ball.

Walker seemed to see this and drive to the hoop in these situations
today.

The fans booed again today.  Some of these "fans" were there on freebie
tickets because of the holiday.  None of the people around me were
regulars.  The Celt's didn't deserve this rudeness today, IMO.

What are the odds that VP can add some height on his jumps with work
this off season?

<Jim
--
James A. Hill, President