Mishra wrote:

> Me too, the irony is it is Dan Duqette who should be out of Boston for
> destroying the franchise. First he drives Clemens, now Vaughn. I am
> surprised nobody is taking him to task for trading Aaron Sele for
> garbage, signing Robinson Checo (a pitcher who has been a bust) to a lot
> of money and I could go on and on.

No you couldn't, at least not if you want to be fair.  Funny how these
names never come up when people bash Dan Duquette:

	Pedro Martinez		Tom Gordon
	John Valentin		Mike Benjamin
	Nomar Garciaparra	Troy O'Leary
	Damon Buford		Darren Lewis
	Darren Bragg		Bret Saberhagen
	Tim Wakefield

All of these guys were either brought into the Red Sox organization by
Duquette or re-signed by Duquette.  They are now part of a team that is as
good as any the Red Sox have had in the last 20 years.  There are also
about 20 minor leaguers in the Sox system that are better than the frauds
Lou Gorman used to call "prospects".

As for Vaughn, he is now the *third* best player on the Red Sox, behind
Martinez and Garciaparra, and if he leaves the Sox won't have too much
trouble signing someone almost as good.

Sorry for the non-Celtics content.

Michael Byrnes
mbyrnes@stanford.edu