trade idea

Although I normally don't indulge in trade ideas, this one came to mind:

Pervis Ellision, Greg Minor, Dontae Jones and Travis Knight to the Lakers
for Elden Campbell.

This trade would allow Jerry West to reacquire his precious Travis as well
as getting multiple players with shorter contracts than Elden. The Celtics
would get an inconsistant center in Campbell.
	Before the inevitable derision of this trade and criticism of Campbell's
ability to play Pitino's style, I would like to point out two things. First,
Campbell is a center (albeit a plodding and inconsistant one). Anything
vaguely resembling a center would be great for the celtics after last year's
fiasco in the middle. Second, we would open up a significant number of
roster spots for players more eligible than Dontae, Minor et al. We could
fill those spots with stop gap measures for our more pressing needs(i.e.
third string point[earl boykins?] and backup center[Alton Lister again?{yes
I am serious, Alton can still play moderate defense against NBA
centers--witness his D on Shaq in last year's playoffs-- and with our
current excess of offensive players Alton's offensive ineptitude wouldn't
matter as much}]).

Noah