RE: Propoganda (was boston media/globe celtic coverage)

.
>Noah

>        To me, It's propaganda of the style described by Noam Chomsky in
>his books
>manufacturing consent and _necessary illusions_. Rather than going blatantly
>against obvious reality in the style of soviet propaganda, Ryan and his
>cronies are far more insidious. Instead of lying they merely limit the range
>of their topic and insert opinions as fact(credit to Jo Hironaka for this
>observation[Jo: How does this relate to Goebels? I'm not familiar with his
>tactics. Since Goebels was the pioneer of modern propaganda, information
>about his methods should help frame the argument]).

>"While I'm dreaming I want pony"
>
>                -- Catherine The Great

Boy am I out of the loop! How long a contract is this Chomsky guy looking
for, and when did he become a free agent? Nobody tells me anything. Whats
the book on this guy? I heard he's a cinch for the All Interview team but
can he play man to man D?  What's the deal with this Soviet Propaganda? I
thought their government collapsed but here they are, probably trying to
give us the line that Arvydas Sabonis is really a Muscovite instead of a
Lithuanian. Insidious bastards, they never quit! I do know this Goebbels
guy though (two B's). OL' lonesome George and his crewcut had quite a long
career on tv in the old days. As for his life as the pioneer of modern
propaganda, I never heard of him in that regard, he just told jokes.
Stories actually, the BIGGEST LIES he could make up, because he thought
that the bigger the lie, the more people would believe it. Oh well, glad
the list is here to fill in the gaps in my hoop knowledge , cause right now
I feel really dumb.

                                             Michael A.DiZio