Re: 8 owners take a stand!

At 04:38 PM 7/16/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Here is an interesting article on ESPN regarding the CBA situation.  I
>would encourage a friendly discussion on who we think the 8 owners are.
>Personally it's a lock that one of them is Gaston.

Dunno about that. Don't forget that he was one of the ones who voted
against* re-opening the CBA in the first place. Which I still cannot figure
out why, as he should benefit from most of what the owners are looking for.
He doesn't own the arena, so he can't make money from alternative usage with
no games. And the national TV money will have to be paid back if there are
no games. So it's going to cost him to go hardline over something he was
against in the first place. Doesn't read to me as if he's likely to be one
of the 8. Why are you so sure he's one of the hardliners?

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net