Re: Antoine's shot selection

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Noah P. Evans wrote:

> Why does everyone keep harping on Antoine's shot selection?

Because it's awful, silly.

> Under a true
> point guard Antoine shot close to 50%.

Shooting 50% doesn't mean you don't have a terrible shot selection.

> I don't recall Jordan having the best
> shooting percentage himself without a real ballhandler(Pippen).

Without even researching the stats, I'm comfortable in stating Jordan
never shot under 45% in a season.  He certainly didn't do it twice.  I
think he shot around 47% the year he chucked up 37 ppg, which included
some gawd-awful shots.

> 	While Antoine's contract demands may keep him from playing for the C's his
> shot selection shouldn't.

I beg to differ.

Dan