>Bottom line:  the players and owners need each other.  The sooner both
>sides admit and accept that crucial fact, the sooner they will be able to
>reach an acceptable solution.
>
>As for profits, owners and players are entitled to their fair share.  What
>consistutes "their fair share"?  That is what the collective bargaining
>system is supposed to determine.
>
>Michael Byrnes
>mbyrnes@stanford.edu

This should be the last post on this subject. It is definitive and all
encompassing. The back and forth arguments generally took polar positions
from each other, but this post speaks the real truth and nuthin' but. The
situation has been created by mutual greed and mismanagement, Both sides
are equally to blame. I started out lambasting the players but I've seen
logic on the other side.   Both sides are only half right. Michael Byrnes
HAS SPOKEN!!!

                                                 Michael A. DiZio