RE: Golden State trade rumor

I don't like it and the colection of too many Kentucky players spells
trouble.  Delk or McCarty will never be truly productive players in the NBA
and Mashburn is one knee injury away from ending up like Dominique Wilkins
or Danny Manning.  As someone else stated,  we need a proven scoring 2 or 3
that can take some of the load off Walker on the inside.
Miami has Austin who is playing great at a bargain price and is more of a 4
than Smith.  I still like the Billups & Brown for Nash & Ceballos move.  A
lineup of Nash, Mercer, Ceballos, Walker & Knight would spread the load
around improving Antoine's game. We still do need an enforcer in the
middle.  Kelvin Cato was a good defensive threat in college, and with
Wallace, Grant, Trent, O'Neal, Sabonis, he won't get a lot of playing time.
 With the offensive team above, he could be the defensive shot blocker we
need.  I dont know what is up with Roy Rogers.  With Rider's status, they
need a backup 2 and could possibly use a Barros, Jones, or Minor ?

Or I would try to get Sprewell or Richmond at least they would provide
trade value to move them for someone else.  The Knicks, Lakers, and Hawks
all would would love Richmond and think he is the one player that could put
them over the top.  They have been rumored to offer Childs & Houston, Eddie
Jones, and Steve Smith in packages for Richmond.

On Friday, November 28, 1997 9:12 AM, JoshFarber@aol.com
[SMTP:JoshFarber@aol.com] wrote:
> I love the sounds of this trade!!! I like Billups, but I would sure like
> see this!!!
>
> If anyone see's anything more on this trade, please let me know!!!!
>
> If this trade goes through, we will have Mercer, McCarty, Walker,
Mashburn,
> and Delk all from Kentucky!!!
>
> Mashburn and Delk would fit in great!!!
>
> << Here's a posting from the warriors newsgroup.  Therer is no real
source
> for
>  the rumored trade, but it is interesting.  The good news is that
Billups,
> [...]
> assume
>  that fans around the Country seem to think that Rick wants to reunite
the
>  Celtics.
>
>  ****dave
>
>  ****************************************************************
>

>  Article #13344 (13345 is last):
>  From: "Spurn" <mkhernandez@worldnet.att.net>
>  Newsgroups: alt.sports.basketball.nba.gs-warriors
>  Subject: Re: GOLDEN STATE, BOSTON, MIAMI BLOCKBUSTER
>  Date: Thu Nov 27 23:45:12 1997
>
>  sounds great
>     does GS have a #1 pick of their own this year?
>
>  Sandy <sandyK@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
>  <65l3rd$469@mtinsc02.worldnet.att.net>...
>  > After following all the trade rumors of the past three weeks as
reported
> in
>  > The San Francisco Examiner, The New York Post, The Boston Herald, The
> Boston
>  > Globe and The Providence Bulletin here is a logical conclusion.
>  >
>  > 1. Golden State wants to trade Joe Smith and get a high number one
 draft
>  > pick as well as a young talented point guard.
>  >
>  > 2. Miami wants Joe Smith but does not have the high number one pick or
the
>  > young point guard Golden State wants.
>  >
>  > 3. Boston has both the high number one pick as well as the young
talented
>  > point guard and wants Tony Delk but does not want Joe Smith because
they
> can
>  > not afford to pay him what he wants and Joe does not want to play for
>  > Boston.
>  >
>  > 4. Here is how we make everyone happy.
>  >
>  > Boston sends rookie point  guard Chauncey Bullips, shooting guard Greg
>  > Minor, power forward John Thomas and their 1998 number one draft pick
>  > Golden State.
>  >
>  > Golden State sends Tony Delk to Boston and Joe Smith to Miami.
>  >
>  > Miami sends Jammal Mashburn to Boston.
>  >
>  > RESULT:  Miami gets the star power forward they want in Smith.
>  >
>  > Rick Pitino gets re-united with Tony Delk and Jammal Mashburn who has
> three
>  > years left on his contract.
>  >
>  > Golden State gets a possible lottery pick this year, a potential star
in
>  > point guard in Chauncey Bullips. A great offensive weapon in the 25
year
> old
>  > Greg Minor and a sleeper in 6'10" 23 year old power forward John
Thomas.