Bluegrass Tommy in NJ on 9/27

nakedeye10--- via TheWho thewho at igtc.com
Wed Sep 2 16:34:54 UTC 2015

Thanks to my friend George (NY George, not CT George) for the tip.

Lauren

THE HILLBENDERS PRESENT:
TOMMY: A BLUEGRASS OPRY
Sunday, September 27, 2015
7:00 p.m., Sharp Theater

Click the image to watch a clip of the Hillbenders

"Ever since I was a young boy, I played the silver ball." Maybe not your standard bluegrass lyric, but a line known by all the world from the biggest rock opera of all time, The Who's Tommy. Forty-five years after its original release, this rock classic has now been fully realized as a full-length bluegrass tribute, featuring Springfield, Missouri's acclaimed group - The Hillbenders.

With a perfect mix of virtuoso musicianship on banjo, dobro, mandolin, bass and guitar and rock star vocals, the Hillbenders bring Pete Townsend's original vision to life in a new and exciting way.

Conceived and produced by SXSW co-founder and longtime musician/producer Louis Jay Meyers, the show brings a new perspective to Tommy while paying total respect to its creators, who are delighted with the show. The evening will also begin with a set of The Hillbenders' heralded original bluegrass music.

Tickets: $38/35/27; Children under 17: $18
Buy Tickets for The Hillbenders

Ramapo College Berrie Center
505 Ramapo Valley Road
Mahwah, NJ 07430