YBYB on MTV's First Hour

nakedeye10--- via TheWho thewho at igtc.com
Sun Aug 2 13:47:53 UTC 2015

Did you know that YBYB was the 4th video played by MTV when they first came on the air in 1981?  I didn't.  I knew Video Killed the Radio Star, but not the rest.

If you go to the article link, each of the videos is a link.

Lauren

Someone posted this on FB.

http://www.openculture.com/2011/08/mtv_turns_30_watch_the_first_broadast.html
On August 1, 1981, MTV took to the U.S. airwaves, forever changing the landscape of American music and pop culture. If you were around then, you’ll remember the Apollo 11 moon landing, the astronaut planting the MTV flag on the moon’s surface, and then the first aptly picked video – the Buggles’ “Video Killed the Radio Star.” Fast forward four years, and we were all saying, I Want My MTV.

A list of the first ten videos aired on MTV appears below. Click the links to take a walk down memory lane.

“Video Killed the Radio Star” by The Buggles
“You Better Run” by Pat Benatar
“She Won’t Dance with Me” by Rod Stewart
“You Better You Bet” by The Who
“Little Suzi’s on the Up” by Ph.D.
“We Don’t Talk Anymore” by Cliff Richard
“Brass in Pocket” by The Pretenders
“Time Heals” by Todd Rundgren
“Take It on the Run” by REO Speedwagon (not original)
“Rockin’ the Paradise” by Styx (ditto)