Slash on Pete

nakedeye10--- via TheWho thewho at igtc.com
Thu Sep 18 04:08:43 UTC 2014

Slash on the 12 Best Guitarists.  From Esquire.

Thanks, Carrie.

Lauren

"He's not even a lead guitar player, really. Or doesn't consider himself as such. But he had a big impact on me from day one. When I was living in England as a kid, my dad's favorite band out of all the British bands was the Who. And a lot of it had to do with Pete Townshend and the aggressive nature of his playing. So I always identified with the Who and with that sound. And as I started to play guitar I really started to pay attention to how he played. He's one of the best rhythm guitar players, along with Keith Richards. Just somebody who really has a fucking feel for playing around the beat and having great impact. Great dynamics, really soulful. Everybody's tried to sound like Pete Townshend at some point or another and failed. Nobody can play like Pete."