Gaslight Anthem Who Comparisons

nakedeye10--- via TheWho thewho at igtc.com
Wed Oct 8 21:42:45 UTC 2014

Album review by David Fricke from the 8/14 (Katy Perry) issue.

The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt
3.5 stars.
Jersey rockers get louder, access their inner Who on Album Five.

It's always been there under the New Jersey grit, but this band fully unleashes its inner Who on its fifth studio album.  "What what you wanna say is / My head is a hurricane?" singer-guitarist Brian Fallon howls in Rollin' and Tumblin', sounding like the '73 Roger Daltrey with the cutting, lyric awareness of Pete Townshend.

Alan - I think you've got your answer.  You should go.

Lauren