Rolling Stone - The Who From the Vault

nakedeye10--- via TheWho thewho at igtc.com
Tue Nov 4 20:08:28 UTC 2014

I was recently reading an issue of Rolling Stone from a few months ago.  (July 3-17, w/ Melissa McCarthy on the cover).

On the last page, in addition to an assortment of charts, they have a little "From the Vault" section that features an old issue.  This time it was from July 13th, 1989 with The Who on the cover.  (All three of them in black turtlenecks.)  I'm sure most of us have it.

The pull quote from Pete is, "I'd spent an immense amount of time thinking about the negatives, the fact that the Who are a spent force creatively and couldn't go into the studio.  And we're too old, and this group kills people, and music does not belong in stadiums.  But it's what the audience feels that's important."

The Top 10 Singles that week:
1) Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me by Now
2) Madonna - Express Yourself
3) Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
4) Martika - Toy Soldiers
5) Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
6) Prince - Batdance
7) Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
8) Expose - What You Don't Know
9) Doobie Brothers - The Doctor