Unexpected Pete Reference

nakedeye10 at aol.com nakedeye10 at aol.com
Fri Jun 6 05:54:02 UTC 2014

A friend of mine sent me this.  Keep reading for it.

Lauren

http://www.wordsmith.org/words/today.html

A.Word.A.Day
with Anu Garg

acidic

PRONUNCIATION:
(uh-SID-ik)
MEANING:
adjective:
1. Relating to or containing acid.
2. Having a sour or sharp taste.
3. Bitter or cutting (e.g. a remark).

ETYMOLOGY:
From Latin acidus (sour), from acere (to be sour). Ultimately from the Indo-European root ak- (sharp), which is also the source of acrid, vinegar, acute, edge, hammer, heaven, eager, oxygen, and mediocre. Earliest documented use: 1868.

USAGE:
"Following Pete Townshend's acidic comment, a stunned silence descended on the amphitheater."
Fred Shuster; Who Carry on, with Attitude; Daily News (Los Angeles, California); Jul 3, 2002.

See more usage examples of acidic in Vocabulary.com's dictionary.

A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
As I have not worried to be born, I do not worry to die. -Federico García Lorca, poet, playwright, and painter (1898-1936)