Administrivia: Recent list delivery issues

Paul M. Moriarty pmm at igtc.com
Fri Apr 25 17:46:04 UTC 2014

Folks,

Several of you have written recently inquiring as to why you aren’t receiving email.  On April 8 Yahoo (and more recently AOL) made changes to their anti-spam processes that has caused most Internet mailing lists to break.  If you are technically inclined and want to learn more, there’s an overview with good links here:  http://beta.slashdot.org/story/200541  While Yahoo and AOL are the only two large, public providers that have made the change so far, many people believe it is only a matter of time before all of the other public email providers follow suit.

I have been working as time permits to make changes to the list software that will allow delivery to continue as normal.  In the interim, delivery will be spotty.  I apologize for the inconvenience and will be sure to give Marissa Mayer a good talking to the next time I see her (on the 5th of Never).

- Paul -

—
Maintainer, The Who Mailing List