Californication to Feature Pete Music

nakedeye10 at aol.com nakedeye10 at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 13:50:23 UTC 2014

Also from Brian C.

Lauren

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6049838/californication-soundtrack-to-feature-pete-townshend-sid-vicious?fb_action_ids=841126819234393&fb_action_types=og.likes

Spirit Music Group and Showtime Networks will release the soundtrack for the seventh and final season of "Californication" during the show's premiere on April 13.

Related Articles
'Californication' Set For June Release
David Renzer Named Chairman of Spirit Music Group
Spirit Music Signs Deal With Pete Townshend, The Who to Acquire Catalog
The six-song EP, curated by "Californication" music supervisor Nora Felder and show creator and executive producer Tom Kapinos, features an exclusive unreleased remix of Pete Townshend’s biggest solo hit, “Let My Love Open The Door,” and Sid Vicious's cover of "My Way." Spirit Music Group publishes Townshend's catalog as a solo artist and chief songwriter of the the Who and works on new projects with the guitarist.

Spirit Records is partnering with TuneCore to distribute the release across all digital download and streaming services worldwide. Spirit plans to promote each song as they air via the show's official web and social sites as well as fan-driven sites.

Sunday's episode features two versions of the Townshend classic. May episodes will feature Coral Sea’s psychedelic version of the Pixies' “Where Is My Mind,” Candy Golde’s rendition of  Paul Simon’s “Boy In The Bubble. and Vicious' “My Way.”  In June, The White Buffalo’s cover of Faster Pussycat’s “House Of Pain” and Elsie’s haunting take on Fleetwood Mac’s “Silver Springs” will debut.