Roger Coverage in WA Post

nakedeye10 at aol.com nakedeye10 at aol.com
Wed Oct 30 03:44:14 UTC 2013

My vote is for Another Tricky Day or Did You Steal My Money?
Lauren

5. Roger Daltrey (but really it’s about Winston Churchill): As if there isn’t enough happening Wednesday, The Who’s frontman is scheduled to be on Capitol Hill Wednesday to perform a tribute to Winston Churchill. Lawmakers will “Join Together” in the late morning to dedicate a bust of the former British prime minister in Statuary Hall.
“Roger’s performance is sure to guarantee that the Churchill bust receives the first-class welcome it deserves,” House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) said in announcing the performance last week.
So what does Daltrey plan to sing? We don’t know. Maybe Boehner will ask him to sing “Cry if You Want?” Or perhaps Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) — who inexplicably suggested last week that a House Republican mouthed off to President Obama in a closed-door meeting — would want him to sing, “I Can’t Explain.”