Pete interview, BBC TV UK Sunday.

Jim M nakedi at comcast.net
Mon Oct 15 15:57:53 UTC 2012

Hey Martin,

I think this interview mostly stayed away from those kind of questions.  I'd
love to find a video of it online; so far I've only seen the musical
portion.  But, the whole night was fascinating. I think what you're
describing mostly happened in the TV interviews and Pete even joked about it
at Berklee. He picked up a copy of the book and proceeded to ask himself
questions from the jacket!

The guitar smash question was, "Pete, will you please play something you
haven't played yet this week and I have a Gibson SG here, would you like to
sign and/or smash it?"  There was kind of a groan from the audience and Pete
just answered "No and No."  But, when he started his set, he mentioned the
guy and improved on the guitar a bit, which was great.  The  guy who asked
about John's songs took a long time asking the question and you didn't
really know where he was going with it.  I couldn't believe he was actually
telling Pete didn't contribute enough creatively to John's work!  Pete was
extremely gracious with this guy, even telling him he might be right, then
proceeded to explain John's demo process and how he would not even include a
guitar part on the demo.

Jim