Houston '75 to be released legit 9/25

jimthewhofan at aol.com jimthewhofan at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 17:05:35 UTC 2012

This I will buy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan McKendree <amck at thenetdr.com>
To: thewho <thewho at igtc.com>
Sent: Thu, Jul 12, 2012 11:56 pm
Subject: Houston '75 to be released legit 9/25

Huh. After all these years. Tapes stowed away in '75, discovered and saved in
'99 by Jeff Jatras (RIP), who couldn't make a deal with The Who to release them.
He sold the tapes, which were then booted…now, finally, this. Note Jon Astley's
participation. If you haven't seen it, you have a treat in store. This was the
first use of The Summit's new CCTV system. The tape is the directed feed to the
house projection screens from three cameras. We should raise a glass to Jeff for
recognizing and saving this.

http://tinyurl.com/7fjtd77

Filmed at The Summit in Houston, Texas on 20 November 1975, this DVD captures a
typically incendiary live performance by The Who at the start of the US leg of
their tour in support of “The Who By Numbers” album which had been released
earlier that year. The original video footage has been cleaned and the sound
remixed by longtime Who collaborator Jon Astley but the show still retains a
rawness that encapsulates the energy of The Who’s performance. The set list
stretches across the band’s career from classic early singles such as “My
Generation” and “Substitute” through an extensive “Tommy” section and up to
tracks from the then newly released “By Numbers”.

Alan McKendree
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."  --Pete Townshend,
1967