Houston '75 to be released legit 9/25

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Fri Jul 13 03:56:24 UTC 2012

Huh. After all these years. Tapes stowed away in '75, discovered and saved in '99 by Jeff Jatras (RIP), who couldn't make a deal with The Who to release them. He sold the tapes, which were then booted…now, finally, this. Note Jon Astley's participation. If you haven't seen it, you have a treat in store. This was the first use of The Summit's new CCTV system. The tape is the directed feed to the house projection screens from three cameras. We should raise a glass to Jeff for recognizing and saving this.

http://tinyurl.com/7fjtd77

Filmed at The Summit in Houston, Texas on 20 November 1975, this DVD captures a typically incendiary live performance by The Who at the start of the US leg of their tour in support of “The Who By Numbers” album which had been released earlier that year. The original video footage has been cleaned and the sound remixed by longtime Who collaborator Jon Astley but the show still retains a rawness that encapsulates the energy of The Who’s performance. The set list stretches across the band’s career from classic early singles such as “My Generation” and “Substitute” through an extensive “Tommy” section and up to tracks from the then newly released “By Numbers”.

Alan McKendree
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."  --Pete Townshend, 1967