Spirit Music Acquires Classic Song Catalogue of Pete Townshend and The Who

Martin Bailey Martin.Bailey at netsoltech.com
Wed Jan 25 13:55:55 UTC 2012

This looks intriguing.  Music from The Who and Pete solo's back catalogue are now being managed by Sprint.

This is bound to lead to some interesting (re)releases.  They are starting to plan towards The Who's 50th birthday, in 2014.
(Not to mention a few more unnecessary greatest hits packages.)

There's a long article about it, with loads of juicy quotes:

"including new songs composed for potential solo and The Who releases as well as songs from "Floss," the artist's much-anticipated next musical dramatic project."

Pete Townshend said: "the deal provides me with the resources to start all over again in my creative career.
I am passionately committed to new projects for rock and for music theatre and I can't imagine a better company with which to be building a new creative life for myself."

Bill Curbishley: "We feel that they will be of great benefit to Pete's work both past and future, will focus not only on better known songs but also on the wealth of lesser known gems"

"Townshend and Spirit are planning a busy 2012"

Pete is "finishing a long-awaited autobiography set for release in September"

"A series of retrospectives for The Who's most celebrated albums are expected over the next two years leading up to a global celebration of the band's 50th anniversary in 2014."

Surely this is nothing but good news.

Spirit Music Acquires Classic Song Catalogue of Pete Townshend and The Who; Partners with Rock Icon in Promoting Legacy and Future Work:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spirit-music-acquires-classic-song-catalog-of-pete-townshend-and-the-who-partners-with-rock-icon-in-promoting-legacy-and-future-work-137956673.html

-MB

DISCLAIMER:  This e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this email or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by return email and destroy this email message and its attachments.  This communication may contain forward-looking statements relating to the development of NetSol Technologies' products and services and future operations. The words "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "intend," variations of such words, and similar  expressions, identify forward looking statements, but their absence does not mean that the  statement is not forward-looking.  Views and opinions contained herein are those of the author of  this email and do not necessarily represent those of NetSol Technologies.  Statements contained  herein are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. The company will not undertake to update any statements contained herein.

WARNING: The recipient should check this email and any attachment for the presence of viruses. Although the company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachment. Note: Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.