Pete Townshend Blasts Itunes

CBKBSTUDIO cbkbstudio at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 2 10:05:05 UTC 2011

It's just a term which came to include "free download justification" after its origin as a name for software thieves!

As for stage madness, I think even Pete in hindsight would have though that his assault of the policeman warning of a fire in the U.S.A. was worse than that silly Yippie.  Of course the copper may have been in plain clothes (was it before Woodstock as I recall ... he may talk about the impending court date from the stage on one of the Fillmore 1968 bootlegs).

All I meant by the Noel G. assault was that bands should have the right to attack first (as the proverbial best form of defence) in my opinion.  As a regular concert-goer, I just want limited distractions so the acts can perform as well as possible!  I am sick of seeing Iggy invite festival crowds up on stage to do their approximation of punk dancing ... on the side of benign stage invasions!

It gets worse than Noel G's cracked ribs of course ... my brother was truly devastated when Dimebag was shot by that stage invader.  No, we don't share musical loves much at all!

As for Keith, as much as I love the guy and have done for decades since my teenage introduction ... I think there are some people who cannot be "saved" even by those they live with.  Amy is just the latest in a long, long line.

Regards,

Clayton Bray
cbkbstudio